21.1.10

What's for dinner?

Ok... So most everybody that knows me, know that cooking is not what I love to do! Actually, I cook only for surviving matters ;0)

Well, maybe is NOT that bad, but between cooking and cleaning, I rather clean (see how bad?)!

Last summer I started a new Relief Society group in my ward - a Recipe Exchange Group. It's very fun! Every month we have a 'theme', last month was desserts - yumm.

That is (kinda) helping me get excited to try new recipes. Tonight I made a soup that one sister shared the recipe in one of the meetings and it is the Zuppa Toscana (the yummy one with sausage and kale) from Olive Garden.

Even my picky eaters liked. Becca had five times!! Anyways, I want to share the recipe. It can be changed to taste...

Zuppa Toscana

1 lb. italian sausage (use half mild/half hot or all hot if you like spicy)
1 large onion (diced)
10 slices bacon (I used MUCH less)
2 tsp. garlic
5 cups water
5 cups milk
5 cubes chicken bouillon
1 cup heavy cream
5 red potatoes (cubed or sliced)
2-3 cups kale

Brown the sausage and the bacon. Remove from heat and let it sit on a paper towel (to absorb the fat).
Cook the onion and garlic, reserve.
Bring the water, milk and the bouillons to a broil and add the potatoes (my soup boiled over and made a mess! i think it was because of the milk, so next time i will either add the milk latter or watch REALLY close!)
When the potatoes are done, add the heavy cream, the meat, onions and the chopped kale. Cook for about five more minutes and voila!

Buon appetito!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10