22.1.10

Do you know me?

       After grandma died, I was trying to remember some things about her. Quite honestly, I couldn't come up with much. Then I thought about my kids and how they won't know much about their grandparents either, since we live only 10.000 miles away from them!

       That's when I decided to start a Family History book. I will try to write as much as I can about all my family members, with pictures and videos (if I have any). I think my kids and their kids will enjoy this... I wish I had one book telling me all the stories about my ancestors!

Will they know ME? Scary thought. I will start with my own personal history, than do my parents and so on.

How many of us have taken time to collect our own certificates, photographs, memorabilia and life stories and compile them into a personal history to be cherished by our own posterity?

Don't leave a void next to your name, date or place of birth on your group record. Learn to write your own personal history. One of the many benefits of telling your story is that you learn more about yourself. The very process requires considering what you believe, what matters most and what the sum of your life experiences has taught you.

I will write a little what is personal/family history and a few tips on how you can start doing that today!

*What is a Personal History?
A personal history is information and stories that help posterity never forget that we were more than just a name on a pedigree chart (click here).
The information gives a personality and history that help our posterity know where they came from.

*Why write your Personal History?
To ensure that your family will know you as a person.
To share personal and family stories as a gift.
To let them know your thoughts and dreams.
To share incidents in your life that teach a lesson or tell of your triumphs over adversity.
Provide inspiration.
To ensure you are not forgotten.
To discover who you are, to search for your own identity.

NEVER UNDERSTIMATE THE VALUE THAT YOUR HISTORY
 WILL HAVE TO YOUR POSTERITY!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I am glad to see you here. Feel free to stop by our little blog....

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10